This is such a wonderful time to be part of the amazing Bunny Besties organization!
I am so very proud of all that we have accomplished in the three years that we have been striving to impact our community.
- We have over twenty five members in our Bunny Bestie Brigade!
- We have officially gotten our IRS status that allows us to be a public charity!
- We have an established community partnership with the University of Minnesota!
- We have an established community partnership with People Serving People Homeless Shelter (PSP) and we were honored at their gala for the work we have done!
- We have established a community partnership with Just Sew Studio in St. Louis Park, MN. This partnership has created a quilting guild that has provided over 300 quilts to children at PSP, Children’s Hospitals, and nursing homes!
- We have an established partnership with Read Indeed that provides us all the books we need to give to children in need!
- We have worked in nursing home facilities all over the Twin Cities specializing in Alzheimers and Dementia care!
- We are working in hospital care facilities like Children’s Hospital, Methodist Hospital, North Memorial and even the prestigious Courage Kenney Rehabilitation Institute.
- We have successfully provided Pet Partners scholarships to several members of our team that continue to be committed to our mission.
- We have given out over 2,000 books and stuffed bunnies to homeless children!
- We promote reading!
Thanks to all of you for all you do to make our organization so great!
Jennifer Smith, Founder
What does it mean to be a Bunny Bestie?
Bunny Besties are friends who see the world through compassionate eyes. We believe that the idea that some souls matter less is the root of all that is wrong in our world. We work together to spread kindness through our volunteering together. We are a Pet Partners Registered and R.E.A.D. Certified Rabbit Therapy Team and we work together as a team to bring bunny love to those in need.
We work together and realize that some of us stand upright on two legs and some of us prefer to be on all fours. Honestly though, it does not matter how we stand no this earth because we as animals and humans stand for the same principles in this life to serve others. We stand together in compassion and in service through our commitment of healing the soul through animal assisted interactions.
Bunny Besties share the mission to live a life of compassion and to show kindness and love to the most vulnerable in our society. We understand being vulnerable because so many of us have felt used and abused by this harsh world. Especially our sweet bunny friends, who are often wrongly seen as just a product for human consumption; for fur, for meat or for testing. It is wrong through the eyes of the compassionate soul and it goes against the true spirit of friendship.
Through friendship the Bunny Besties work hard to educate the world on what rabbits and humans truly can be together. Never underestimate the healing power of the therapy rabbit with the right human partner. The work we do in hospitals, nursing homes, Alzheimer’s units, universities, elementary schools, libraries and with children in homelessness can change the world through one-act of kindness at a time.
We are teaching children through education that we are all friends. We are teaching children to be kind to bunnies and to people. That in itself will bring some much needed change to this harsh world we live in.
So I say today to enter the world as a Bunny Bestie. Be someone who is kind and treats all of God’s creatures with love. Believe all soul’s are equivalent. This means that no matter how many feet we use to walk on this earth that we all matter and we can all make a difference.
So my challenge for you is this. Embrace the power today of the rabbit in the Chinese Zodiac and have the courage to live it’s principles. Walk this planet from this day forward more grounded in the principles of the bunny. Ground yourself to this earth and all its inhabitants with graciousness, kindness, sensitivity, compassion, tenderness and elegance.
These qualities of the Bunny Bestie can change the world and this therapy rabbit team is setting out to do just that in our very small but unique way. Have courage and be inspired to go forward. A movement for the therapy rabbit has begun.
With Gratitude, Your Bunny Bestie